YOUR WORK MATTERS
Doxa Painting & Services is a professional painting company built on the belief that we have an opportunity to build a great place to work and to positively impact our industry. We are far from perfect, but we are learning everyday how to become a more productive, profitable and sustainable team. We care about our employees, we care about our customers, we care about Tacoma and the South Sound. We also have really high standards and it’s definitely not for everyone. We’d love to see if this could be the right place for you!
DOXA’S COMPANY STANDARDS
So we’ve made a lot of hiring mistakes in the past… and probably the biggest lesson we’ve learned through all that is that if you don’t have real standards, you can’t have a real team in any meaningful sense of the word. A team with out standards is never going to achieve anything great—pretty much doomed to waste a heck of a lot of time, money and opportunity. If you are a high performer who has high standards, but the people working beside you don’t share those same standards, you’re probably going to get burned out. We’re trying to not let that happen. Here are our Company Standards:
- Trust Each Other – Earns trust of teammates, “have each others back” mentality, honest and open, tries not to hide mistakes, wants to be accountable, listens to others, coachable and interested in learning, willing to have hard conversations for the good of the team
- Be Committed– Meets high attendance standards, available to work full, communicates when unable to keep a commitment, goes extra mile, self-driven to win and achieve, willing and able to do the hard work
- Be Professional – Shows professionalism in appearance, attitude, communication; shows kindness and respect to both teammates and to customers, shows up in uniform, with tools, ready to work.
- Produce – Gets things done, takes initiative, learns quickly, has a sense of what is actually productive vs what is wasteful, achieves the right results
FAQ ABOUT OUR HIRING PROCESS
Frequently Asked Questions about our hiring process and what you can expect:
WHAT ARE THE STEPS?
- APPLY ONLINE
- COMPLETE WORK HISTORY FORM
- WORK HISTORY / JOB FIT INTERVIEW
- SKILL ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW – Demonstrate where you are at skill & production wise as an individual painter at a Skill Assessment with our Production Manager. If we decide to move forward, this is where we determine what pay rate we could start you at for Evaluation Period. We will send you a Working Interview Job Offer and get you set up with payroll so everything is above board (no under the table).
- ON THE JOB INTERVIEW + BACKGROUND & REFERENCE CHECKS – Paid, working interview, with a a crew, 1-2 days max to see if there’s a good fit, if we like working together, and if it’s mutually productive to continue.We will complete a background check & drug screen, and you may be required to arrange reference calls with a few of your previous supervisors. We will let you know which references we’d like to speak with, and then you will be asked to contact those past supervisors and get back to us with their preferred time to reach them along with the best phone number to reach them.
- JOB OFFER & ORIENTATION– If you pass the Working Interview, you will receive a formal Job Offer and meet with one of the Owners for orientation where we will go over how we operate as a company, and get you set up with our systems (company vision, scheduling systems, communication systems, payroll systems)
- EVALUATION PERIOD BEGINS – Over the next 4-8 weeks we will be training and evaluating two things:
- Is this a good fit BOTH ways – is this working relationship a “win” for you / is it a “win” for the team?
- If so, can we pay you more than what you started your Evaluation Period at?
I’VE NEVER BEEN THROUGH A HIRING PROCESS THIS IN DEPTH — WHY ALL THE STEPS?
We are all about finding the right fit, and being diligent to make every hire a win-win.
First, when we think about the places we work, we’re talking about roughly a full third of our lives! That’s a lot of time to be miserable if you don’t have to be. We want you to make sure this is a good fit for you.
And second, we’re trying to accomplish something big, and it will only happen with the right team. Though our industry has shown itself to be quite challenging for people to have a good paying, long-term, fulfilling career as a Professional Painter, Doxa’s core purpose and reason for existing is to create, sustain and multiply that very thing. To accomplish that, we’ve got to ensure there is a great fit at every level and in every position on the team. Taking the time necessary to really make a good decision when it comes to something this important is worth it every time. We want to make sure this is a good fit for the team!